- Creating Templates
This module teaches participants how to create, save, use, and edit templates, as well as how to attach a template to a document.
- Creating a Template
- Saving a Template
- Using a Template
- Editing a Template
- Attaching a Template to a Document
- Working With Styles
In this module, participants will learn how to create styles, apply styles to existing text, modify existing styles, delete styles, and save style sets.
- Creating Styles
- Applying Styles to Text
- Modifying Styles
- Deleting Styles
- Saving Style Sets
- Commenting Documents
Comments are a useful tool for dealing with documents and that’s the focus here. The topics of this module include inserting comments, editing and replying to comments, deleting comments, navigating through comments, and showing and hiding comments.
- Inserting Comments
- Editing and Replying to Comments
- Deleting Comments
- Navigating Through Comments
- Showing and Hiding Comments
- Reviewing Documents
This module takes a look at tracking changes to a document, navigating through tracked changes, accepting and rejecting changes, and showing/hiding markup.
- Tracking Changes
- Navigating Through Tracked Changes
- Accepting and Rejecting Changes
- Showing and Hiding Markup
- Configuring Reviewer Settings
In this module, participants are shown how to change the reviewer name and initials, modify track changes options, lock track changes on, and use the Reviewing pane.
- Changing Your User Name and Initials
- Modifying Track Changes Options
- Locking Track Changes On Using the Reviewing Pane
- Working With Multiple Documents
Next, participants will learn about working with versions, comparing and combining documents, recovering unsaved files, restricting document editing, and password protecting documents.
- Working with Versions
- Comparing Documents
- Combining Documents
- Recovering Unsaved Files
- Restricting Editing
- Password Protecting Documents
- Performing a Mail Merge
Mail merge is a handy tool that allows you to personalize bulk mailings. This topic covers how to start the Mail Merge wizard, select a starting document, select recipients for the merge, create and preview a mail merge document, and complete the mail merge.
- Starting the Wizard
- Choosing a Document
- Selecting a Starting Document
- Selecting Recipients
- Creating Your Document
- Previewing Your Document
- Completing the Merge
- Creating Outlines
Outlines are the focus here with a look at how to use Outline view, create an outline, expand and collapse headings, promote and demote headings, and move headings.
- Using Outline View
- Creating an Outline
- Expanding and Collapsing Headings
- Promoting and Demoting Headings
- Moving Headings
- Creating a Table of Contents
This module covers how to mark headings, insert a pre-built or custom table of contents, update a table of contents, and remove a table of contents.
- Marking Headings
- Inserting a Pre-Built Table of Contents
- Inserting a Custom Table of Contents
- Updating a Table of Contents
- Removing a Table of Contents
- Creating an Index
An index makes searching through a document so much easier, and working with them is the focus of this module. Participants will learn how to mark index entries, insert an index, update an index, customize an index with styles, and remove an index.
- Marking Index Entries
- Inserting an Index
- Updating an Index
- Customizing the Index with Styles
- Removing an Index
- Creating References in a Document
During this module, participants are shown how to insert footnotes and endnotes, captions, bookmarks, cross-references, citations, and bibliographies.
- Inserting Footnotes and Endnotes
- Inserting Captions
- Inserting Bookmarks
- Creating Cross-References
- Inserting Citations
- Inserting a Bibliography
- Using Macros
Macros are a wonderful timesaving device in Word 2013. This concluding module teaches participants how to record a macro, write a macro using the Visual Basic Editor, edit a macro, and run a macro.
- Recording a Macro
- Writing a Macro using the Visual Basic Editor
- Editing a Macro
- Running a Macro
Download Full Course Details as a PDF
Share this printable PDF with others in the office.